Friday, October 17, 2008

Mom's Turn

Okay, so Chad decided to create a blog for the family and now it's my turn.

History:

Chad and I met in California while serving missions for the LDS Church. Yeah, yeah, I know you're snickering. Met on mission, while your were supposed to be serving Heavenly Father. Well, I met Chad the last month of my mission, and thought he was a nice kid (he's three years younger than me), but nothing romantic. I returned to Illinois and had fun dating and going to college. Even got proposed to a few times.

Anyway Chad was still on his mission. Luckily one of my companions, got to know him and found out that he was a Dallas Cowboys fan. For those of you who do not know, I am an avid football fan. So she wrote me about this fact, but still no interest. Then Chad broke his collar bone in a bicycle accident so I wrote him out of sympathy. And the rest is history. We wrote very week for the last six months of his mission.

He got home in June, we got engaged on the season opener of Monday Night football, and married the Saturday before Thanksgiving.

So now you know.

1 comment:

  1. Hey guys! Glad to know you have a blog we can follow. Ours is beauanbrelewis@blogspot.com. Hopefully we'll be able to keep up with each other's lives better through this. Take care!

    ReplyDelete